Thursday, August 20, 2009

What is this?

My goal is to set up an easily accessible collection of the various writing projects and random ideas that pop into my head on a regular basis. Some might say that it is more organic to keep things in a physical journal or notebook. The pen meeting paper is the way that “real” writers do it. Unfortunately, my handwriting is awful. That being said, I want this blog to serve as a place where I can create, store, and display the things that I write: A personal anthology to be shared with anyone that is interested.

According to an online dictionary, an anthology is, “A collection of selected literary pieces or passages of works of art or music." There are many anthologies out there that are strung together thematically. The literary pieces on this site; however, will not be in any order and will not necessarily relate to each other in any way. The common denominator of these seemingly unorganized works will be the author that brought them into existence. This is my stream of literary consciousness: my sounding board. This is a place for short stories, rants, observations, and ideas. This is a creative exercise that will constantly be in progress. This is “Sloanthology.”

No comments:

Post a Comment